April 5, 2020
Food Distribution and Work Drop Off
Monday, April 6 will be food distribution and student work drop off from 11-1.
1. When picking up food-please have your trunk open (and cleaned out). We will put the bags in your trunk. *If you need to pick up food from 4:30-6:00-please contact your building principal so we can have an accurate count ready.
2. Student work drop off-PLEASE have student name, grade, and teacher on each packet. Also staple or paper clip together. Drop off will be on the driver's side of the car in front of LHS building #2. Signs will be posted.
March 31, 2020
Good Afternoon Parents and Community,
I begin this communication with this thought- it has always been my intent to be as honest with you as I can at all times.
You may have heard the Governor and the President extending Stay at Home until May 1, 2020. We will continue to provide education in the manner in which we have been for the past three weeks- long distance, virtual, and paper/pencil. We will have an opportunity for families to drop completed work off on April 6, 2020 from 11:00 am - 1:00 pm. We will also have a student work pick-up time-on April 14, 2020- please stay tuned to your respective principals regarding when and where this pick-up will occur. At this time we are working toward an anticipated return to the classroom on May 4, 2020. However, it is my personal feeling that the earliest we will be back to school is late May. I am asking you to prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
We will have food distribution on Monday, April 6, 2020 from 11:00 am- 1:00 pm in front of the high school. We will also be offering an alternate pick- up from 4:30 pm- 6:00 pm. To take advantage of the 4:30-6 time slot, please message me or the principal to RSVP the numbers of students needing meals. We need to make sure we have enough food prepared for this time, so please let myself or the principal know you will be needing the evening pick-up.
If you are coming to pick-up food on Monday, April 6, please have the trunk of your car open and cleaned out. We are working to continue to protect our employees and as we get further and further into this pandemic, the risk of exposure gets greater for the community as well as our employees.
Additional student work pick-up will be April 14 from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm and 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm. Families needing other pick-up times need to contact building principals.
There have been many questions about school activities such as prom and graduation. At this time prom is cancelled. Graduation is still planned for June 5. However, in the event we have to postpone the ceremony, we will communicate that new date as soon as we can.
Thank you for all your help and support through this crisis,
March 24, 2020
Hi Parents, Students, and Community,
I write to you today as the first full day of Stay-at-Home. If you are feeling the stress of the situation, you are not alone. The staff is feeling it as well. I encourage you to call a friend or family member, go for a walk, or do something that helps relieve stress. Hang in there- we will get through this together!
1. Next week food distribution will be from 11:00 am - 1:00 pm. This change is in an effort to help families access this service. We will send out reminders as we approach Monday, March 30, 2020.
2. Work that needs turned in: We will be collecting school work on Monday, March 30 and Monday, April 6 during the food distribution times. There will be two stopping points- one to pick-up food and one to drop off school work. School-work turned in must have a student name, teacher name, and clipped together. Please stay in contact with your respective teacher(s) about completed work. Teachers can “collect” work electronically through email or photos/pictures. Those with internet access, please check your email daily.
*Assignments can be submitted electronically as well. Take pictures of the document and send to teachers or if able, scan and email back.
3. Devices/Access for students: High School students should all have devices at home. Those students who are in grades K-6-- we are still in the planning process. We will communicate plans as soon as we get them. If you have not completed the technology survey, please do so.
4. 7-12 Grade Device Issues: Please contact your teacher. The teacher will submit a help-desk-ticket to the tech department (including student contact information). The tech department will be in contact regarding the solution.
5. Reminder: Please be in contact with your child’s teacher. If you have not heard from your child’s teacher, please email or message them or the principal. This type of contact is critical for maintaining accurate student records.
Thank you and stay in touch with your teachers.
March 16, 2020
Dear Parents and Families,
For a list of resources available though the community and county, please click HERE. Thank you for being so understanding as we navigate through this difficult time.
See previous posts for more details. Student work packets are available today. (See specific details per building principal posts.) Breakfast and lunches will be available Tuesday morning.
First, I want to thank everyone for all they are doing in the community through this crisis. I have heard and seen parents, students and community members offering help and support to each other.
Second, I want to remind parents and students of the homework/material pick-up at respective buildings from 12:00 pm- 5:00 pm on Monday. Additional information was posted in an earlier communication.
Third, lunches and breakfasts will be available for pick-up at the high school outside building 3 between 8:00 am and 10:00 am. If you are unable to pick-up food, please contact your building principal. We will be in contact as to how to help you.
Finally and most importantly, the Governor has commented on national news that he suspected schools could be closed for the remainder of the school year.
At this time, the administration is waiting for some guidance from the Ohio Department of Education regarding this possibility. The leadership team will be meeting this week. We will send out information as soon as we have it. Please stay close to communication devices for updates as they are posted.