Hello Everyone and Happy First Day of School!
It has come to my attention that there are some messages on social media indicating the school will keep children overnight (or more than one night) if the child is positive for COVID.
Let me be very clear- The school district will NEVER keep your child overnight. The schools will NOT be doing any COVID testing nor will we be keeping your child overnight.
In fact, if your child gets ill at school, we WANT to get them home and in your care as soon as possible. Please take this time to complete the information on FinalForms and provide current and accurate contact information- if you have not done so already. This information will help us get your child to you as quickly as possible.
Again, I want to assure you that the school district will not keep your child overnight. These social media messages are absolutely incorrect and not true.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or your building principal.
September 4, 2020
We are very excited to see everyone on Tuesday! This is a very exciting time as we FINALLY get to see everyone in person! This is a long weekend and we hope everyone takes time to rest and prepare for the start of school.
All of the LP staff have been working hard to make this school year the best one yet! We are going to make things as normal as possible--except that we have to wear masks and keep our distance.
The following are a few reminders about the upcoming school year:
1. Buildings have sent out the "soft start" letters. RED group attends Tuesday, Sept 8; GREY group attends Wednesday, Sept 9.
2. Please bring a water bottle labeled with your name. The bottle must have a removable drink spout. Each building has bottle fillers as the traditional drinking fountains will not be in use.
3. Cover your Beak! All Redbirds must wear a mask. Buildings and classrooms will be scheduling time for “mask breaks” throughout the day. Face masks are now part of the student dress code and need to be worn throughout each day. Students are permitted to wear “gators” at this time. The health department and the governor's office recommend cloth masks. The permission to utilize gators may change at any time.
4. Everyone is being asked to be patient through the start of school. We are all getting used to new traffic patterns in hallways, bathroom occupancy, lunch procedures, and temperature checks.
Please remember to check the Restart Guide located HERE for more details.
Thank you and have a great holiday weekend!
Attached to this communication is the latest school calendar. You will notice the following changes:
1. Extra days for professional development. These days are dedicated to teacher training in the event we transition to all remote learning.
2. Student start date Tuesday, September 8, 2020
3. October 9, 2020 is now teacher in-service. The change in the Loudonville Street Fair allows us to be in session for most of the week. Students who show animals Oct. 7 and 8 will be excused from school.
4. December 20 and 21: These days are now part of Winter Break. This gives everyone two full weeks of break.
The school year will still end on May 28 for students with graduation that same evening.
Thank you all for your patience as we navigate these unprecedented times,
Loudonville-Perrysville EVSD Administration
July 30, 2020 - Latest school calendar can be found HERE.
August 23, 2019
We would like to thank everyone who participated in the creation of our first strategic Goals Package. This is a document that contains many goals. These goals are what we use to guide us into the future. This is a flexible document that will be updated yearly. Each goal listed in the document provides the staff and community with an idea of where we want the district to be in the next three years. It provides the vision of what we want the district to look like in the future. This document is not a "set in stone" kind of document. It functions as a guide. The document attached is in draft form at this time. Updates will be posted here. To view the Goals Package, click HERE.
Thank you again for your all your time and effort in assisting us with this process.
On behalf of L-P Schools,