The tech department staff hope you will find these cheat sheets and screen shots helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to stop by the tech office or send an email to any one of us!
A few reminders.....................
- The FIRST thing you should try when your laptop is not working correctly is to restart it and log in again.
- Keep in mind you have three browsers from which to choose: Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome. Different browsers work better for different applications. If you are trying to access an online lesson, ask your teacher which browser to use.
- If you are having trouble loading a website or if the website is not responding as it should, try a different browser.
- If you are having trouble getting the Chrome browser to load, open Internet Explorer first and then open Chrome.
- Attachments work best in Firefox. Email attachments DO NOT work with Chrome.
Are you getting a message you are low in resources and cannot log in?
This is occurring because you are not letting your laptop shut down completely before closing the lid. To resolve this issue, hold in the power button until the power light goes out. (Note: This is not an acceptable way to shut down normally, so please don't shut down this way on a regular basis as it will damage the hard drive). Once the power light goes out, restart your computer. You should be good to go.
|Find your student folder the fast way! Look for this icon on the desktop of your computer and just give it a click!|
LAPTOP CHEAT SHEETS
If you have an idea for a laptop cheat sheet, email Mrs. Young at email@example.com